• Ensure your espresso machine is clean
• Dedicate a group head & double porta handle to
red espresso®. Mark the handle red!
• Use our red crema plusTM (RCP) portafilter basket
• Use our red scoop for consistent dosing
• Always use 14 GRAMS (1 level red scoop) of red espresso®
• Knock out the puck as soon as the shot has been expressed.
Rinse the basket well and wipe with a damp cloth if necessary
• Rinse well before and after each red drink
how to make perfect red drinks
1. Use 14 GRAMS (1 level red scoop) of red espresso® in our
2. Ensure red espresso® is LEVEL in the handle.
3. No tamping required!
Rooibos expands or 'puffs up' when it comes into contact with hot water, creating its own resistance and removing the need for tamping.
4. Express a DOUBLE SHOT of red espresso® (60ml/2oz.)
5. Use this as the BASIS FOR RED DRINKS or serve as an espresso with
honey on the side.
Please note: As rooibos tea is naturally fibrous, the grind may vary slightly. You may need to add slightly more or less than 14 grams to pull a great shot.
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A RCP BASKET:
Pre-infusing allows the tea to brew for longer in the handle. This results in a richer, stronger shot with better crema.
• Start expressing and stop before extraction pours
• Wait 15 seconds
• Pull shot!
• Express a DOUBLE SHOT of red espresso® (60ml/2oz.)
• Use this as the BASIS FOR RED DRINKS or serve as an espresso with
honey on the side
RED CREMA PLUS BASKET
The RCP basket is a patented portafilter basket that we designed specifically for red espresso®. It delivers the perfect red espresso® shot in terms of crema, taste and extraction every time.